Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shady Oaks BBQ (Fort Worth)






It's your typical take at trying to be a country style restaurant. The decor is pretty cliche and with your deer head and other things as such. It is a sit down, full service style restaurant serving other fare. I ordered the 3 meat with sliced beef, pork ribs, and chicken accompanied with corn, fried okra, and mashed potatoes. The brisket was bad, it had no proof of being smoked with wood, no ring, no flavor, no crust. It came sauced and sliced way too thin (to cover up the dry texture.) It was so dry I declare it not edible. The ribs had potential, baring a nice sweet crust. They were simply overcooked, but as I said the flavor was there. The chicken also had a nice flavor, but was dry. The sides were actually really good, all made from scratch I assume. 

I don't recommend stopping here. 
3/10 Rating

Shady Oak Barbeque on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment